Saved by heeding the doctrine
1 Timotheos (Timothy) 4:16 Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you shall both save yourself, and them that hear you.
Saved by enduring to the end
MattithYahuw (Matthew) 10:22 And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. But he that endures to the end shall be saved.
MattithYahuw 24:13 But he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved.
- Markos (Mark) 13:13 And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake, but he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved.
Saved by faith
- Loukas (Luke) 7:50 And he said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you. Go in peace."
- Loukas 18:42 And Yahushua said to him, "Receive your sight. Your faith has saved you."
Saved by calling on the name of the Sovereign
- Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass that whoever shall call on the name of Yahuwah shall be saved.
- Rhomaios (Romans) 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of Yahuwah shall be saved.
Saved by hope
- Rhomaios 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man sees, why does he yet hope for?
Saved by grace
- Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Anointed Master Yahushua we shall be saved, even as they.
- Ephesios (Ephesians) 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, has quickened us together with haMashiach, (by grace you are saved)
- Ephesios 2:8 For you are saved by grace through faith; and that not of yourselves. It is the gift of Yahuwah:
Saved by mercy
- Titos (Titus) 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Set Apart Spirit;
Saved by fire
- 1 Korinthios (Corinthians) 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Saved by water
- 1 Keph (Peter) 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the patience of Yahuwah waited in the days of Noach, while the ark was being prepared, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
Saved by immersion
- Markos 16:16 He that believes and is immersed shall be saved; but he that does not believe shall be damned.
- 1 Keph 3:21 The like figure whereunto even immersion does also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward Yahuwah) by the resurrection of Yahushua the Anointed:
Saved by believing
- Loukas 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then come the traducer and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
- Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Master Yahushua the Anointed, and you shall be saved, and your house
Saved by confession and belief
- Rhomaios 10:9 That if you shall confess with your mouth the Master Yahushua, and shall believe in your heart that Yahuwah has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.
Saved by Yahushua
- MattithYahuw 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and you shall call his name YAHUSHUA for he shall save his people from their sins.
- Loukas 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.
- Loukas 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
- Yahuchanan (John) 3:17 For Yahuwah did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
- Yahuchanan 5:34 But I do not receive testimony from man: but these things I say, that you might be saved.
- Yahuchanan 10:9 I am the door. By me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
- Yahuchanan 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and does not believe, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.
- Acts 2:47 Praising Yahuwah, and having favor with all the people. And the Master added to the church daily such as should be saved.
- Rhomaios 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
- Rhomaios 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to Yahuwah by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
- 1 Timotheos 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that haMashiach Yahushua came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
- Ibriym (Hebrews) 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come to Yahuwah by him, seeing he ever lives to make intercession for them.
- Ya'aqob (James) 4:12 There is one lawgiver who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you that judges another?
Saved by preaching
- 1 Korinthios 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of Yahuwah the world by wisdom did not know Yahuwah, it pleased Yahuwah by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
- 1 Korinthios 15:2 By which also you are saved, if you keep in memory what I preached to you, unless you have believed in vain.
Saved by spouse
- 1 Korinthios 7:16 For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?
Saved by prayer
- Ya'aqob 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and Master shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
Saved by the love of the truth
- 2 Thessalonikea (Thessalonians) 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
Saved by fear
- Yahudah (Jude) 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Saved by words
- Acts 11:14 Who shall tell you words, whereby you and all your house shall be saved.
- Ya'aqob 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
Saved in childbearing
- 1 Timotheos 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and purity with sobriety.
Saved by emulating Paul
- Rhomaios 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
- 1 Korinthios 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
- 1 Korinthios 10:33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
Saved by the name of Yahushua
- Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Saved by being converted
- Ya'aqob 5:20 Let him know, that he which converts the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
This article is intended to demonstrate that whatever you choose to be your doctrine or means of salvation, you can find Scripture that seems to support your choice. Then you can make the claim that your way is the only way, to the exclusion of all others, to be saved, and you can prove it by the Scripture, as do so many denominations.
Claims of this nature are made by several groups who have decided that only those certain parts of the Scripture that they like and are comfortable with apply to the subject of salvation because they do not want to believe that water immersion is a necessary and required part or condition of salvation. This attitude comes under the heading of "Cafeteria Christianity" where you can pick and choose the parts of the Scripture you want to believe, just like going down a cafeteria serving line and picking and choosing the foods you want to eat. The problem with treating the word of Yahuwah in this manner is that He said to obey Him completely and without reservation, and to do that, you must believe ALL that He said.
Because of the evidence presented in the Scripture, I am convinced that immersion is a VITAL PART of the obedience required of us in order to become children of Yahuwah. Just being dunked in water will only get you wet if you do not believe that Yahushua is the Mashiach (the Anointed, or the Christ), and unless you have totally given yourself over to Him. Notice that although Markos 16:16 and 1 Keph 3:21 seem to say that immersion saves us, I do not make the claim that if you are immersed then you are saved. (The transliterated term baptism which should have been translated as immersion is the physical act of being completely covered with a fluid. In the case of scriptural baptism, that fluid is water, and you must be completely and totally immersed (buried) in it. To help you get the picture of the physical part of baptism, remember that the Greeks made pickles by baptizing the cucumbers. 1 Keph 3:21 shows clearly that the physical part of immersion in water is required and that although the body is washed in the immersion, that isn't the real point. The spiritual part of immersion is what Yahuwah is looking at, and that's the spiritual condition of your heart. That's also in 1 Keph 3:21. Read it and you'll see.)
There are other conditions that must be met also. Markos 16:16 also says that you must FIRST believe. Acts 2:38 says you must also repent, and if you haven't heard the word by preaching, you'll not have anything to believe and therefore no reason to repent. All of these things are part of the path that leads to salvation. They are not in and of themselves the things that save you. Believing that Yahushua is haMashiach by itself can not and will not save you, otherwise all of the demons that recognized Him before He cast them out also have salvation. These demons not only knew who He was, they also called on His name!
The blood of Yahushua washes you clean of your sins but you must have the means of attaining to that blood, and that is what immersion, real scriptural immersion, by total and complete immersion in the water of a repentant and humble believer for the remission of sins is all about. Read Rhomaios chapter six for an excellent explanation of this event.
Yahushua is salvation. He is the Light and the Life, and there is no other way to the Father except by Him. In order to be saved, you must first believe that He is, that He died and was buried for our sins, and that He rose again by the power of the Father to splendor. When you believe this then you must repent, which literally means that you must begin to think differently about your life style (NOT that you are sorry for your sins). You must quit doing and thinking about the things of the world and begin to do and think about the things of the Spirit. Then, and only then, are you ready to be immersed in the name (authority) of the Father, the Son, and the Spirit. Immersion is NOT because He was immersed, because His immersion was for completely different reasons than that of a sinner. Remember that He had no sin. His immersion was for the completion or fulfillment of justification, which means that if He hadn't been immersed, you would not have the opportunity to be. Immersion is NOT done as an outward sign of inward faith, as Yahuwah doesn't need that outward sign. He requires the INWARD sign of the answer of a clean conscience (1 Keph 3:21). When these things happen and you rise out of the watery grave of immersion, you are rising as a new person to walk in the light and likeness of Yahushua. Your sins have been "washed away" (Acts 22:16) and you are "born again." Just as He died, was buried, and resurrected, so must you also be if you are to truly be "in His likeness." Your death, burial, and resurrection takes place in the immersion.
Once you believe, all of these things should all occur in a period of a few short minutes. Look at all of the immersion events in the Scripture and you will see that when someone believed, they were IMMEDIATELY immersed. There were none who believed and confessed His name who had to make an appointment for some future date for immersion. They didn't come back next "Sunday" or when the preacher had enough together to make it worth his while to get wet.
Understand clearly. Faith alone will NOT save. Repentance alone will NOT save. Confession alone will NOT save. Immersion alone will NOT save. No combination of these conditions except that of meeting them ALL in scriptural order satisfies the requirements of Yahuwah for entrance into His kingdom.
Obey Yahuwah and live. Disobey Yahuwah and die. It's your choice.